Tagged: fgf8 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Bruno Vellutini 12:49 on 2015/01/30 Permalink
    Tags: , fgf8, , , , , , ,   

    In situ Novocrania and Terebratalia 

    In situ using Nano longer probes to try to get a better signal to ratio. Also fgf8 probe, important for the brain boundary. I also need better hedgehog pictures, so I’m repeating the in situ with a new probe in Ttra and also trying to get a good early gastrula, bilateral gastrula e late larvae of engrailed.

    Nano wnt5 Nano smo2 Nano fgf8 Nano ptc1
    Ttra hh Ttra en late blastula / early gastrula Ttra en bilateral gastrula / late larva

    10 min ProtK for all. Incubated at 65 °C at 2000.

    31/01/2015

    Diluted probes to 1 ng/µL and added at 0800.

    02/02/2015

    First day of washes. Added anti-dig-ap at 1600.

    03/02/2015

    Washed off antibody with 3x 5min followed by 4x 15 min and 5x 30 min. Developed with nbt/bcip at 1600. All wells showed good signal/noise ratio. The worst is wnt5, but it is still better than the other in situ. I exchanged the AP for all wells at 1930 and stopped all except hedgehog and en bilateral (exchanged AP).

    04/02/2015

    Exchanged the AP for the two Terebratalia wells, I’ll let them develop longer.

    Stopped at 1500 and did ethanol washes. Let overnight in 70% glycerol.

    05/02/2015

    Mounting and pictures.

     
  • Bruno Vellutini 18:15 on 2015/01/27 Permalink
    Tags: , fgf8, , , , , ,   

    Probe synthesis of Terebratalia and Novocrania 

    Probe synthesis of some longer fragments for Novocrania in situ wnt5, smo, fgf8 and standard Terebratalia clones hh and en.

    SP6 ng/µL
    Na wnt5 BV352  1146.5
    Na smo2 BV354  906.7
    Na fgf8 BV355  964.2
    Tt hh BV129  1510.6
    Tt en TTR54  573.1

    Set probe PCR. Extracted.

    28/01/2015

    Ran gel and extracted.

    2015-01-30 11.05.52

    29/01/2015

    Set probe synthesis and precipitated.

    30/01/2015

    Finished probes.

     
  • Bruno Vellutini 12:53 on 2013/07/31 Permalink
    Tags: , armadillo, , fgf8, , , , , ,   

    Brachiopod cloning 

    Began PCR for cloning Novocrania en, wnt1, wnt5 and Terebratalia fgfr, lfng, pax2/5/8, Fz2, Fz4, Fz5/8, Fz7, Fz10, aldh2, arm.

    01/08/13

    Gel, Novocrania genes did not work. Others did, extraction and ligation.

    2013-08-01 15.09.57

    I started a PCR for Novocrania genes using a lower annealing temperature of 55 °C.

    02/08/13

    Managed one band for engrailed, but not at the right length, slightly shorter.

    2013-08-02 18.29.52

    03/08/13

    I reset the ligation for: lfng, fz58 7, aldh2, arm.

    Colony PCR running for the rest.

    Also started a PCR with Nano wnt1 and wnt5 with annealing temperature of 50 °C.

    05/08/13

    Transformed and plated the genes that did not work previously (lfng, fz5/8, fz7, aldh2, arm).

    Novocrania gel is not promising, bands are not the right size, need to design new primers.

    2013-08-05 13.24.23

    Colony PCR went well and today I’ll put the colonies to grow.

    2013-08-05 13.24.13

    Animal Gene Colony T7
    Ttra FGFR 1 BV248
    Ttra FGFR 2 BV249
    Ttra FGFR 3 BV250
    Ttra Pax 2/5/8 1 BV251
    Ttra Pax 2/5/8 2 BV252
    Ttra Pax 2/5/8 3 BV253
    Ttra Fz2 1 BV254
    Ttra Fz2 2 BV255
    Ttra Fz2 3 BV256
    Ttra Fz4 2 BV257
    Ttra Fz4 3 BV258
    Ttra Fz10 2 BV259
    Ttra Fz10 3 BV260
    Ttra Fz10 4 BV261
    Nano En 3 BV262

    06/08/13

    Sequences above dropped at the sequencing facility after miniprep extraction and sequencing pcr.

    Also, set colony pcr for the genes that hadn’t worked.

    07/08/13

    Colony gel, putting good colonies to grow today.

    2013-08-07 12.43.32

    08/08/13

    Extracted minipreps for Lfng 3 and 5 and Aldh2 1. Sequencing PCR and dropped samples in the facility.

    Gene ID
    LFNG c3 BV263
    LFNG c5 BV264
    ALDH2 c1 BV265

     
  • Bruno Vellutini 13:33 on 2013/06/01 Permalink
    Tags: , fgf8, , ,   

    Beginning a double in situ with en dnp… 

    Beginning a double in situ with:

    en (dnp) + gli (dig)
    en (dnp) + fgf8/17/18 (dig)

    02/06/13

    Added probes.

    04/06/13

    First washing day normal. Washes followed at times, but second 0.2x SSC took 40 instead of 20 min. Added Anti-Dig-POD at 1:250 concentration.

    05/06/13

    Second washing day normal.

    06/06/13

    Developed first probe. CAOS after detergent wash, during subsequent PTw washes the tape glued to the cover and FLIPPED the 4-well dish… I recovered most embryos and many remained in their wells, but for sure there has been some mixing. I added the recovered embryos to a third well.

    Apart from that the first probe works. And incubated with Anti-DNP at 1:100.

    07/06/13

    Regular washes.

    08/06/13

    Developed second probe and let it in PTw in the cold room until 12/06/13.

    12/06/13

    DAPI staining for 20 min, one wash of PTw and glycerol overnight.

     
c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
Reply
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t
Go to top
l
Go to login
h
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
Cancel